Goat Horn Split Small (1 Pack)
PLUS FREE SHIPPING!
10 points if they purchase this treat! (Join Today!).
Promotes Dental Health
THE QUICK FACTS
100% Goat Horn
ABOUT SPLIT SMALL GOAT HORN
Split Goat Horns make treat time fun! You can fill the hollow casing with your pup's favourite food and treats. From peanut butter to carrots to even crushed up medicine; this treat is bound to keep them busy for a while! By the age of 3, up to 80% of dogs develop some degree of dental disease - most commonly tartar buildup. Dental disease destroys the tissue and bone structures in your pup’s mouth. Goat Horn is mainly composed of keratin proteins which aid with growing a strong and healthy coat. Additionally, by gnawing on a Horn for 30 minutes a day, your dog is able to scrape away tartar buildup on their teeth by nearly 70%. Goats are culled for their meat, and their Horns are generally left to waste to decompose into the ground. WAG acquires them as a byproduct of the processing of their meat. They are boiled to sterlise them, wrapped with a label and that's it!
AN APPROXIMATE GUIDE TO WEIGHT AND SIZE
Goat Horn sizes are classified through weight, not length and width. Small Split Goat Horns are between 30g - 50g.
Small Split Goat Horns are appropriate for small-medium sized dogs
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN AND MANUFACTURE
Product of Australia
- Make sure your Goat Horn is large enough so there is no possibility they could choke on it
- Check you Goat Horn for any possible sharp edges. If there are any, you can wear them down by rubbing it against concrete or sandpaper
- If the Goat Horn becomes dirty, you can wash it in warm soapy water and then rinse it well
- If you pup isn't interested straight away, you can soak it in some Beef or Chicken stock
- When you give the Goat Horn to your pup, be sure to supervise them!
- Make sure your pup isn't bearing down to hard on it. If they are, it's best to take it away!
- Once the Goat Horn gets worn down to a small size, remember to take it away so there's no possibility of them choking on it
While your furry friend would probably love to eat the whole bag, WAG treats are not complete diets, rather a healthy snack in between meals.
And even though steak is delicious, wouldn't you get bored eating it all the time? Dogs are the same so mix it up.
Crude Protein (Min.) 38.9%
Crude Fat (Min.) 1.2%
Crude Fibre (max) 1.8%
Moisture (Max.) 9.9%
Goats are culled for their meat, and their Horns are generally left to waste to decompose into the ground. WAG acquires them as a byproduct of the processing of their meat. They are boiled to sterilise them, wrapped with a label and that's it!